WAY back in May, over Memorial Day weekend, my sista came to visit us. Drew was out of town that weekend, so it was a perfect opportunity for us girls...and Will!...to hang out! The kids were SO excited for her to come and when she got here, they would NOT leave her alone! I was actually pretty relieved to see this considering Lili's attitude toward Auntie Kristen when we went out to Toledo for Memorial Day weekend last year. I have NO idea what was up, but Lili was just sassy and kept giving Kristen 'the look'. It was funny at first, but then ended up being a little disturbing........HA! Apparently she got over it though and everything was great this year!
One of the fun things we did while she was here was to go to the water park in Elk River at the Holiday Inn. The kids had a BLAST!!
The toddler area of the water park is huge and has its own slides. I was shocked to see Lili finally attempting the 'orange slide' on her own. She refused to do this last time we went and it's really not that big. She's always been my cautious one though...
Then you have Will...the daredevil...the one who is afraid of NOTHING...I swear he has NO FEAR. He climbed right up and just threw himself down the slide. He even started going down on his back, head first and eventually got yelled at by the lifeguards. They instructed him to go down on his butt only, so I had to make sure he listened!
Will is finally old enough to really start grasping who people are and I was SO happy that he latched onto Auntie Kristen and was so comfortable with her!
Despite my red and splotchy face, I did get a couple of cute pics of myself with the kiddos!
After our day at the water park, Auntie Kristen let her special niece and nephew abuse her... They put all of their jewelry on her...
...and showed her their 1 year picture collages (Lili even explained that the big picture in the middle is their 'born face'. I guess when babies are born, they have a 'born face'...HA!)...
...and they even made her be an elephant...or a monster...or something crazy and animal-like...
The rest of her visit was spent visiting the Monticello Community Center pool, eating and having a shopping day with just us two sisters! It was a great time and we can't wait for her to come back!
1 comment:
looks like a blast, Jackson does similar things to my sister Megan when she visits!! Will and Jackson would get along...although it would be one wild playdate...two rough and tumble fearless little boys:)
Post a Comment