Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Monday, July 18, 2011

Girls Day Out!

Lately I've been feeling EXTREMELY adventurous with the kids.  Not sure if that's because they are getting older, or if I'm getting more comfortable with being a Mom (it only took 4 years), or if it's a little of both.  Either way, I kinda like it!  The funny thing is that I still get a little freaked out DURING the event...a little anxious, a little stressed...

This past weekend I decided to take Lili and her two besties, Mckennah and Lindsey, for manis/pedis and to the new Winnie The Pooh movie.  I was supposed to do this on her actual birthday (July 9th), but the only kid movie out was Cars2 and they had already seen it.  So, we delayed another week and this is what happened...

First we arrived at the nail salon.  This is when I told the girls that in order for us to continue to do fun things all day, that they needed to stop and smile and let me take pictures of them whenever I wanted.  They agreed.
Getting the girls to sit in their chairs was not an issue at all.  They LOVED climbing up into the huge chairs and sticking their feet into the bubbly water!
Once again...I made them smile for me...
Lindsey tried to resist, but I could eventually get her to loosen up too!
Lili referred to her nail tech as her 'teacher'.  'Where did my teacher go, Mommy?'.  I didn't even try to correct her.
Mckennah was so sweet and quiet.  She didn't say ONE WORD to the woman painting her toes and fingers...not one.  She was so excited to do this, but took it VERY seriously!
Then there was our little spitfire, Lindsey. She was hysterical!  Mckennah and Lili are both 4 and Lindsey will be turning 5 next month.  She is not shy at all!  At one point her 'nail teacher' picked her up and said, 'Boy, you're heavy!'.  Lindsey's response?  'No, you're just really weak!'.  My favorite line of the day though, was when we were in the car and she said, 'Why is your hair so crazy Andrea?  Crazy hair day is over!'.  She cracked me up!
Lindsey and Mckennah got their pedicures started first and while Lili was waiting for her nail teacher to come she watched, frightened, at what was being done to her friends.
Luckily she was all smiles when you asked her what colors she chose though!  Pink glittery polish for her toes and blue glittery polish for her fingers!
Watching Lili laugh hysterically while be 'tickled' was the best part.  She is so much like me in that respect.  I STILL laugh hysterically when they rub my feet during a pedicure!
This was such a fun thing to do with the girls I can see myself going more often with Lili in the future!  Maybe if we go for pedis regularly she won't hate me when she's a teenager?
After getting fluffed and puffed it was time for the movie.  We grabbed mcnuggets from McD's to eat in the car on the way and rushed to get there on time.  After grabbing popcorn and soda, the girls were ready to get seated.  The best part about taking kids to movies is watching their faces.  I'm pretty sure I didn't see any of the movie itself.  I was too busy watching them...oh and making sure they were fully stocked with popcorn and soda!
Note the sign above their heads.....'POO'...HA!
These 3 were just adorable together and I'm so glad we had a chance to do so much fun, girly stuff!
When we arrived back at the house, Will was ready to join in the girly fun as well.  It's just a tea party and pink princess shoes...  The kid knows what he wants these days, so it's hard to fight it.  For now we will just let him be free!
I love this shot of the 3 of them!  I think Mckennah is even starting to adopt Will as her little brother too, which is very sweet. He loved the attention of another woman!  

No comments: