Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

MIA

I'm always playing catch up on my blog these days.  I remember a time when I could update with news pics or a funny story at least every couple of days.  Now I'm lucky to get out here once a week.  To me, blogging is kind of like digital scrapbooking...but easier!  No matter where I am, if I have my computer or am near one, I can post.  With or without pics it is a great way for me to document our lives.  Unfortunately, other things in life seem to get in the way these days.  Between work and parenthood, there is little time for anything else.  Yes, you will still see me posting status updates or commenting on friend's posts on Facebook, but that's only because I can do that from my phone...while sitting on the couch snuggling with the monkeys...or while holding the kid's bedroom door closed to prevent them from coming out for the millionth time at bedtime...

So what's up with us? 

Well, there are the bedtime issues that we continue to battle.  At this point we aren't changing anything...mostly because we aren't sure what to change.  I also think Drew and I are secretly hoping that things will just 'click' and our kids will miraculously become great sleepers.  Yeah right.

The new job is...well, it's a job. There are parts of it that are ok, but mostly I'm just counting down to May 31st, 2012 when I will officially be put out of my misery.  Financially stable or not, that's when the job ends...and when I will have to make the official decision regarding my future.  Do I stay home with the kids for awhile?  Work part time somewhere?  Find a new full time job?  Although I really want to stay home...spend some quality time with the kiddos...I'm still concerned about everything financially.  I'm sure we could figure out a way to make it work, but worrying is my # 1 hobby.......only time will tell!

We are nearing the end of July and we have already done so much this summer!  We threw Lili a birthday party for her and her friends at Gleason's Gymnastics and then took her and her 2 BFFs for manis/pedis and a movie a week after her actual birthday.  We've been to the MN Zoo, the Elk River water park with Auntie Kristen, Elm Creek beach and the Monticello Community Center pool.  We've attended lots of BBQs, spent time with our water table and whale pool in the backyard, made many trips to the park and rode bikes.  This upcoming weekend we are hitting Como Zoo and in 2 weeks Drew's parents arrive for a week of fun.  There is still so much more fun to be had this summer, so we better get on it!

No comments: