Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Friday, August 12, 2011

Time

Wow...letting more than 2 weeks pass without a post...this is getting a little ridiculous!!  I love blogging and recording memories and I HATE that this isn't a priority lately.  To tell you the truth, I'm not sure WHAT the priorities are around here!  Keeping everyone alive is probably top on the list, but I don't know what comes next.  We seem to just be grabbing at whatever is in our faces first and taking care of it...without much consideration as to what else is out there.

Work is still...work.  Frustrating and chaotic for me...anger inducing for Drew.  The kids spend long days at daycare 5 days a week, which has been typical since their births.  Lili is taking a gymnastics class on Tuesday nights for the summer and has a little program tonight to show off what they've learned.  I'm interested to see if she gets stage fright and becomes shy, or if she follows along and does her thing!  Dance class will be replacing gymnastics in the fall, so this will tell me if we need to rethink that...

We had someone come to do some interior painting in our house last week and she was AWESOME!  In 2 days she did our 2-story entry, the upstairs hallway, kitchen, upstairs bath, front door and door to the garage.  She even did ceiling fixes from previous painting screw-ups!  I absolutely loved her and can't wait to schedule her for the next set of rooms.  I doubt that I will ever paint another room myself again!

This week Drew's parents came for a visit.  They drove out from WA, stopping at Yellowstone on the way, and arrived on Monday around noon.  Shirley and I went shopping, Drew and his Dad worked on some things around the house and made a few trips to Cabela's...and the kids got lots of quality time playing with Grammy and Papa.  They left this morning and the rest of us are back to our normal weekday routine. 

This weekend we plan to take the kids to the circus at the St. Michael Daze and Knights festival.  I have no idea how good it will be, but I'm hoping it will be entertaining enough for the kids!  Of course Drew has already promised them tigers and elephants, when we really have no idea what will be included... 

Lots of pics from summer activities coming soon!

No comments: