So my kids have officially broken into the world of potty talk. Everyone knows Drew and I are not exactly prim and proper......we both think farts are funny and therefore Lili and Will do too. No matter how upset they are, if you fart or burp or say something naughty to them, they are IMMEDIATELY happy. Will saying 'I tooted' or 'I burted' at the dinner table has been the norm at our house and Drew and I didn't do too much to squash it. Well now I think we both wish we would have put a stop to it when it was still stoppable. Instead we chose to let it go (we pick our battles in this house) and now it's gotten worse. Much, MUCH worse...
Remember when I first told the kids that their privates were called 'goodies'? Well, someone recently told Lili that that wasn't true. One day Lili came home from school and said, 'Mommy, girls have baginas, right?' Uhhhh yeah. This is when I discovered the power of social interaction and all that would be told to her when I was not around. I then had to explain to her that girls have vaginas and boys have penises. I kept it basic and left it at that. A week or so after that, we were at a restaurant and I was in the bathroom with Lili. This is where she loudly announced, 'Mommy, girls have baginas...and boys have penises...and brothers have goodies, right?' ...and I heard snickering from the other stalls...and I just couldn't understand why my child needed confirmation right then and there about what we all 'have'. Yep, honey...you got it right, now let's GO!!!
This past weekend we made great strides in our anatomical discussions. Not only did Lili relay all of her knowledge to Will...but they began to sing about them. 'Girls have baginas! Boys have penises! Brothers have goodies! Yay!!!' Now, I know they are young and just being crazy, but I immediately thought about school someday and how my children will probably get kicked out. Not due to hitting or general hooligan-ness...but due to potty talk. Who really wants their kid kicked out because they were talking about poop...or baginas...or penises??? Not me... So now we must come up with a creative way of getting them to keep their mouths shut. As we all know, this is not an easy task with two kids who THRIVE on attention. Whether positive or negative, they love seeing reactions from others and being the center of it all. I'm just hoping they will channel those skills in the future and do something amazing!
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
1 comment:
Oh come on, Andrea. You talked about baginas all the time at that age and never got kicked out of school once!
Post a Comment