...BUSY! With the new job came...my old job. I started my contract position last Thursday and on the same day was asked by my former employer to continue contracting with them as well, to help them through the rest of the migration. I said yes...and that's where I must have gone wrong. I really DO want to help them, but working the new job during the day and working the old job at night is exhausting. Add Drew being gone on an all expenses paid Canadian fishing trip for 10 days and you've got yourself one stressed out lady! I'm excited for all of the opportunities that have come my way and I know things will get better, but right now...it's just a little nuts.
Luckily, my sister came for a visit this past weekend, which helped to break up Single Mom Week. She arrived on Sunday morning and left Wednesday. We had such a great time with her and the kids keep asking where 'Auntie Kristen' went. I tell them she went home to 'Uncle Chuck', to which Lili responds 'Is Uncle Chuck my GRANDPA?'. That's when we get into the family tree discussion...which is always a little odd... She seems to think every female that visits here is her Grandma...and every male is her Grandpa. I keep going over it with her, but I'm pretty sure she's not listening...or maybe she's half listening, since she will randomly make a correct statement about family relationships when I least expect it. Like when she's going to the bathroom...or in the middle of a friend's birthday party. That's when I'll get, 'Hey Mommy...Auntie Kristen is your sister, right?'. I swear her goal in life is to drive me crazy!
I have my first trip to Rochester, NY coming up on Monday and I'm both excited and nervous about it. It's always a little intimidating meeting a gazillion new people all at once. I'm so used to working remotely it's odd to see people and work with them face to face. On top of that, I have to like, do my hair...maybe put some cover up on my face...and wear clothes without holes or stains. It's going to be a whole new me walking in there! Yikes!
Lots of pics of the monkeys coming soon!
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment