Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Sunday, June 19, 2011

44

My weight loss hit a plateau recently, which was pretty tough to go through.  I basically had 3 weeks where I would go up a little and then down a little...and then back up...and then back down...ultimately settling at the 40 lbs I had lost.  FINALLY this past week things moved in the right direction again.  I lost another 4 lbs, putting my grand total at 44 lbs.  While I'm happy to have had a good week, I still find myself extremely disappointed in losing out on 3 weeks.  In some weird way I view each week as a separate opportunity to make progress in this weight loss journey and it's frustrating to see that I have nothing to show for that period of time.  I know that this is normal and that I can't expect to never have off weeks, but it's still hard. 

One positive that I HAVE pulled from all of this though, is an increase in my confidence to be able to MAINTAIN.  Since starting this program I have been worried about regaining the weight once I have phased myself off.  My coach has talked to me quite a bit about what will be expected of me and how she maintains her weight now as well, but talking about it and DOING it are two totally different things.  I guess what I've been doing these past few weeks is ultimately what I will be doing once I am off of the program.  I've had some splurges (due to family visits, busy days and my 1st trip to NY)...but then I go right back to eating healthy.  It really is about making healthier choices, but still enjoying some of the things you love too!  I'm excited about eventually going back to more 'normal' eating habits, but I'm nervous too.  I just hope that I can keep some of my lifelong eating issues at bay and maximize the new skills that I have learned!

No comments: