Lately I've been thinking more and more about how I want to spend the rest of my life. This whole 'contract' thing has given me a new perspective on my future and allowed me the freedom to start thinking about other possibilities...and believe me when I tell you that my mind has wandered a bit too far off the beaten path at times. While I say that after my year is up I plan to stay home with the kids...I can't see myself 'only' focusing on them. Of course they will be my MAIN focus and anything else I do will need to come 2nd, but I have a feeling I will end up doing SOMETHING else. At this point though, I'm just not sure what that 'something else' is...
Sometimes I think I might want to go be a cashier at Target for a few hours a week, just to get out of the house. There is something about Target that is very comforting to me. It's like my home away from home...and even the SMELL of Target is familiar and soothing. Other days I think I want to give people advice at Archiver's and maybe teach the Friday and Saturday night Scrapmania demos. Y'all know how much I LOVE to scrap! I've also had this idea about opening up a hot dog cart. Now I'm not just talking about ANY hot dog cart...I'm talking about the greatest hot dog cart in the world.........and the most unique. We would basically offer your average all beef dog...and maybe some type of sausage or brat...but our TOPPINGS are what would bring people near and far to our corner. We would offer the craziest, most unique dog toppings anyone could imagine. You know, like a jalapeno gummy bear dog!
When I'm not thinking about doing something completely fun/insane and for no other reason than to escape from the walls of my home, I'm thinking about what I could do to supplement Drew's income if that becomes a priority. What if our plan doesn't turn out the way we hope it will and things are a little too tight financially? What could I do that would still allow me to be home with my kids more, but not be too stressful...and also bring in enough $$ to make things better? Well, that's when I start thinking about becoming a daycare teacher...or getting my teaching certificate and teaching art classes somewhere, or possibly kindergarten... I've thought about writing a book, but have yet to gather my thoughts and ideas in any sort of organized fashion to allow this to become possible. Then there are all of those 'crafty things' that I like to do......like party planning (invitations, favors, decorations, etc.)...and canvases incorporating quotes and pictures on them...scrapbooks, etc. I've had a LOT of ideas in this area, but it's hard to come up with something that isn't so time consuming you lose money on it, rather than making money on it.
I have now decided that I need to come up with a good solid plan before the end of 2011 so that I can spend the following 5 months planning for it. It may not even be something that needs to start right when my contract ends, but I at least need to know that...because if it DOES need to start right away, then I want to be prepared. We all know how much I love me a good plan! If anyone else has any ideas for me, you just let me know. I'm open to any and all suggestions!!
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
2 comments:
remember though, if you do a side business you have to have childcare or use your nap/night hours. Which, when you are at home with the kids busting your butt 16 hour a day may be hard to give up. Just my 2 cents. Just scrapbook! Archivers on the nights/weekends might be good because then you'd probably get a discount, so not only are you making money, but saving money as well...
I'd buy your book.
Post a Comment