Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kids Are Funny

It's been awhile since I recapped my Facebook posts here in the blog, so I thought I would play catch up some more and do that.  In the past, I felt like most of them were about Lili and the things she did and the things she said.  Now that Will is sprouting up though, I'm finding his actions and words becoming the focus of my posts...  I gotta say, despite how frustrating my kids can be at times with their stubborn and willful personalities, I wouldn't want them any other way.  I KNOW this is what makes them the funniest little devils around and I LOVE to laugh...

  • A week or so ago I went to pick up the kids from daycare.  As we were leaving, Will looked at his teacher and said, 'You easy?'.  This prompted me to say, 'Did he just say what I think he said?'.  Luckily she has a GREAT sense of humor and was laughing.  The interesting part is that we STILL don't know what he was trying to ask.  I just know that he has no clue what 'easy' means!
  • One night I came into the house and heard Lili SOBBING. I went upstairs and she was on our bed...HUGE crocodile tears running down her cheeks...crying, 'My brains hurt Mama...my BRAINS hurt!!'.  Knowing your child is in pain is one of the WORST feelings in the world...especially when they look and sound that pitiful!
  • Will's new thing is to ask where my 'pooter' is.  It sounds sick and wrong, but I know he's just wondering where my COMPUTER is...
  • My kids fight nonstop some days...and then are complete angels and giving each other lots of hugs on other days.  Recently Lili went to a birthday party for a friend of hers from daycare and I stayed home with Will.  I decided to take Will to the grocery store and on our way he said, 'I sad Mommy'.  Me: 'Why are you sad, Buddy?'  Will: 'Cuz I miss Sissy'.  Seriously...is that not the cutest damn thing you've ever heard?!?!?!
  • Will and I had some more Mommy/Will time while Lili was at a playdate recently so I thought I would be daring and take him to dinner at Applebee's and then to Target.  He was so excited, but my kids are not exactly restaurant-trained.  He sat in the booth and yelled 'HI!' to everyone as they walked by, which was fine...but I had to draw the line when he started yelling 'I want water!', 'I want food!' and 'I'm poopy!' every time she passed our table.  Once again, thank God she had a sense of humor!
  • The kids and I stopped at the grocery store one night while Drew was on his Canadian fishing trip.  He had been gone for 7 days by this point.  I let the kids walk next to me, rather than forcing them into the stroller and we passed by 2 men who were probably in their mid to late 30s.  Will stops, points straight up at one of the guys, looks at Lili ?and says, 'Is that your Daddy, Sissy?'.  I think they were starting to forget Drew, so I'm blaming him and his trip for their insane thoughts... 
  • Lili: 'Mommy! I didn't pee my pants at school today!'. Me: 'Great job Lil!'. Lili: 'I went poop on the potty at school today too and I didn't need any help.'. Me: 'You are awesome! I knew you could do it!' Lili: 'But my butt itchies now cuz I didn't wipe'. Me: ............?
  • Lili: 'Auntie Kristen, you live in Minnesota?'. Will: 'I don't have soda. I have chocolate milk.'......I swear that kid has an answer for everything...
  • Lili: 'Mommy could you yell at me softer please?'... DON'T YOU BE POLITE TO ME WHEN I'M TRYING TO YELL AT YOU LITTLE MISSY!
  • So the kids were running around naked after dinner one night. You know, the usual struggles to get them in their pjs. Suddenly Little Man comes over to me S-C-R-E-A-M-I-N-G and I have no idea why...until Lili tells me about the giant turds he let fly on the kitchen floor. The screams were screams of TERROR as the kid informs me: 'turds...(gasping)...gonna...(more gasping)...get me!!' Why can't we be normal?

No comments: