Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Wee Bit Ill

We're all feeling just a wee bit ill this evening. Lili woke up at 1am this morning and proceeded to lay awake in our bed for 3 hours straight...hacking up some thick, tasty-looking phlegm into the sink. I was pretty sure she was going to explode at any moment, but she didn't. After finally falling back to sleep around 4am, she was up again by 5:30am. Drew stayed home with her today because we weren't sure exactly what was going on and were afraid to take her to daycare. She spent most of the day dozing on the couch and watching Barney. There was never any fever or diarrhea, but she just acted sick. I went in to the office after dropping Will off at daycare and found myself not feeling so great a couple of hours later. I have no idea what it is...possibly a stomach bug...maybe a little flu...something else? All I know is there is some queasiness...and body aches...and a headache...and that general feeling of wanting to take a nap...however, it's fairly mild. It's not the illness that puts you in bed for days...more like the illness that wreaks havoc on your body, makes you worry that the worst is still to come and then ends quickly. Drew is now feeling crummy too, so I'm waiting for Will to show signs of it next. Of course, he's been such a crabapple the last few days it's quite possible he has already had it! All I know is that if he hasn't, God better give me a little break and lessen Little Man's feistiness. He's a maniac!

No comments: