Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I Resolve To...

1. ...craft MORE.  I have so many ideas running around in my head...and I want to see them become a reality! 
2. ...figure out my gadgets.  My Cricut Expression, Cricut Gypsy, laminator and sewing machine are all calling my name!  I have project ideas for all of them, but it's going to take some time to learn how to use them!  This was a big gadget year for me.
3. ...use my fancy camera more and maybe even take a class or two.  This will include purchasing a couple of extra lenses.  I find myself grabbing my small point and shoot way too often and need to be taking advantage of the awesomeness of my fancy cam.
4. ...make chubby the new skinny.  You know, like how black is the new pink.  Every year I vow to LOSE weight...but maybe I'm focusing on the wrong thing?  Maybe the problem is all of the skinny people out there?  Maybe my squishiness should be the 'NORM'?  Food for thought... 
5. ...if # 4 cannot be achieved, maybe I'll try to shred some poundage.  In 2011 I lost 50#, but have already gained some back.  Going from eating no dairy, no carbs and no sugar...back to eating normal food...+ add in the holiday season.  NOT PRETTY.  Takes so much to get rid of the weight, but it's SO easy to put it back on. 
6. ...organize my photos on my external hard drive, then back them all up on the Mac Daddy external hard drive that I got for X-Mas.  In 2011 I got them onto the 1st hard drive, but they are a MESS!
7. ...teach myself how to scrapbook digitally.  I will NEVER give up my paper scrapping hobby, but would love to do some digital albums as well.  SO many memories to log!
8. ...play more with my kids and take time to teach them things.  Most of my time seems to be spent getting things done, rather than spending quality time with the kids.  This definitely needs to change.  They spend 10 hours a day at daycare...the few hours we DO get to see them need to be more meaningful.
9. ...laugh more.
10. ...get frustrated less.
11. ...curse only when absolutely necessary.
12. ...attend a Love & Logic class to see if this method would work for my kids.
13. ...try Zumba.  Even if I go only once, I really want to see what this is like.  Besides, I like the name.
14. ...potty train Will.
15. ...get both kids sleeping in their OWN beds.  It's a good thing there are still 362 days left in the year for me to accomplish this one!
16. ...get all of my blog books printed for each year that I blogged.

It's a pretty hefty list, but I'm still hoping to beat them all!

No comments: