Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Monday, January 23, 2012

A Lot Going On

There is a LOT of crap going on around here, but to be honest...I'm really not in the mood to talk about it tonight.  Instead, let's talk about fun things...like crafting!  Pinterest is my latest addiction and although I'm not on it all that much, I fantasize about all of the crafty things that I can try...all of the recipes I can attempt to get my kids to eat...all of the wedding dresses I never got to try on because I'm chubby...  SO many awesome things out there!  When I'm not brainstorming about what I can make next...I'm actually DOING the making.......which brings me to exhibit A... 

These are some of the recent canvases that I did for Will's new big boy room.  The kid is infatuated with elephants and whales...so obviously, I had to make wall art including elephants and whales.  I'm not entirely sold on the orange button W.  I may can that one and start over.  It doesn't make for a bad trio, though I feel like I could do better.  So much of what I've been working on is experimental, so I guess I can't really be too shocked when something doesn't work out.  I'm not sure what I will replace it with, but for now I'm going to take a break and do some girly stuff for Lili's walls.  I've been in my blue/green/orange place for awhile...it's time to switch to pink...green...butterflies...and flowers!

No comments: