Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Monday, October 31, 2011

Turning 3

Little Man turned 3 yesterday.  Can you believe it?  This marks over 3 years of the blog as well!  I started this thing when I was in the hospital and on bedrest with him.  I remember so much from those couple of months...the month I was there and then the month Will was there...it seems like it was just yesterday.  I have always had a pretty crappy memory...this is something EVERYONE knows about me...but this was one period that I remember a lot about.  Maybe it was more traumatic than I thought?  Whatever it was that caused my memory to be crystal clear about this time, I always feel a little funny this time of year.  It's a mix of anxiety and thankfulness.  Anxiety regarding some of what occurred during this time...but thankful for the outcome that we had.  I still think about Abbott and how there was something oddly comforting about Will being there and in the care of the nurses and doctors employed there.  Maybe it was because that's where Lili also spent her time and it's what seemed 'normal' to me?  Not sure.  At any rate...Will turned THREE!!  We had a big Halloween birthday bash in our garage for all of our friends and Will was totally in awe that everyone was there for HIM!  Our favorite photographer, Joy, came to take pics so here are a couple to tide you over until we get the full CD of pics.  I am so excited to see the rest and share the details of Will's special day!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE MAN!

No comments: