What have we been up to the last month or so? A lot. A whole hodge podge of craziness has ensued in our household... We've had visits from family, a scrappin' weekend for me, lots of little events like birthday parties and playtime at the park, daycare upheaval and our latest and greatest summer contribution...strep. This week we've all been sick in some way, shape or form. Will started out with diarrhea explosions last Friday which appeared to be getting better after a couple of days. Lucky him though, his fever suddenly skyrocketed on Sunday afternoon and by 9:30pm Sunday night we were at the ER. A good ol' throat culture came back positive for strep. Yes, my 21 month old has strep...shoot.me.now... I stayed home on Monday to get him through his first full day on the antibiotics and let me just say, that was a treat. When you take a feisty almost 2 year old who is easily frustrated when he is not understood by the people around him and you give him a fire engine red throat, 103.5 fever and an all over bodyache, it kinda makes you want to run. The only thing that kept me in this house was my absolute and total unconditional love for him. If I didn't love that kid to pieces, you better believe you would have found me at the nearest Greyhound station...bussin' it to God only knows where... After dinner that night though, God gave me a freaking break. I got some smiles from my little man and his fever had broken. Granted, he still threw a holy major tantrum before bed (I think it was a combination of exhaustion and still not feeling 100%), but I knew he was on the mend and today he actually got to go back to daycare! Unfortunately for the rest of us, we are all starting to show signs of potential illness as well. Drew was hit with the stomach cramping while we were at the hospital on Sunday night and mine hit Monday afternoon. Drew is now on the upswing, but I still feel like I got suckerpunched in the gut. Lili is complaining that her tummy hurts too, but it's hard to tell where she's at with all of this. I did run Lili over to the doc this morning and both of our strep cultures came back negative, which surprised me. The doc seems to think we have a virus that has been going around and that Will most likely had this same virus on top of the strep. Lovely. They will now let our strep cultures cook for awhile and check them again at both 24 and 48 hours to see if anything has changed. If they come back positive at any point we will get treated for strep...otherwise, we have to wait out whatever this other bug is. I have to say, this week does not make me feel any better about the fall/winter season that we are entering and all of the illness that comes with it. It also doesn't help that we are making a daycare change in a few days and are heading back to a center after over a year at an in-home. Despite secretly hoping for the best, I'm sure the immune systems of my monkeys will be taking a hit...which, in turn, will drive me closer and closer to insanity. More on the daycare situation soon!
1 comment:
AHHHHH is all I can say about that. Been there, done that, ahhhh again. I have a love/hate relationship with daycare! I love what it has done for Jackson socially and educationally, he is so advanced, but at the same time, the SICKNESS, OH THE SICKNESS for ALL of us. I want to have another child, but then I think...AM I CRAZY??!! I will have to go through the gauntlet again........
Post a Comment