Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Friday, August 6, 2010

Created For Entertainment

I'm pretty sure my kids were created for entertainment purposes. Specifically to entertain ME! That kind of sounds bad. Like the people who decide to have a 2nd child so that they can donate some of their expendable organs or blood or whatever to the 1st child in the family who is sick. It's as if I created these beings to keep me amused and laughing... It might be a wee bit selfish, but not too bad, right?

So anyway, this morning Drew is walking down the stairs ahead of Lili and farts...so she responds with, 'You stinky Daddy!' and slaps him on the butt. The other night she was pretty upset that I was leaving to go to water aerobics and threw a bit of a fit as I left. While I was gone, I guess she kept going over to her play phone to call Mommy and Drew would overhear her repeatedly saying, 'Hi Mommy - I bein' nice to Daddy tonight'.

Both of my monkeys are OBSESSED with money right now. They have absolutely no idea what it's used for, but they both LOVE their 'piggy panks' (as Lili refers to them) and are constantly asking for 'more million dollars'. Lili will sometimes walk in the door and the first thing she does is ask, 'Mommy, do you have more million dollars for me?', meanwhile Will thinks anything circular and small is money, including buttons.

Like, where do they get this stuff? I know I never taught Lili to slap people's asses when they fart because there is no way in hell I would get anywhere NEAR Drew's ass after he let one! They are always saying or doing something completely off the wall and I can't help but crack up. Of course this doesn't help much when we are also trying to teach them how to behave. They don't quite 'get' that there are things you can do in private, that you should really never do in public... I'm now starting to fear Lili will slap her teacher's ass someday when they go back to center daycare next month. That would not be good...

2 comments:

Jenny and Jon said...

All I have to say is HAHAHA, that one made me laugh OUT LOUD. Toddlers are so REAL and HONEST. They have NO inhibitions and do not know to lie even to be nice!! Crack me up!!! Jackson is funnier by the minute too, it is like comic relief at this stage!!

Erin said...

Carter slaps butts. His current favorite? Whomever happens to be ahead of us in the communion line...