Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Perfect Little Mom

Yes, I want to be one...a perfect little Mom. Go check out the chicks in 'The Idea Room' and 'Fly Through Our Window'. I have their blog links in the 'Stuff I Read' section on the left hand side of my blog. Seriously...LOOK AT THEM. LOOK AT WHAT THEY DO...WITH THEMSELVES AND THEIR KIDS AND THEIR CREATIVITY! Why can't I be that together?!?!? Why can't I be organized...and come up with insanely cool, crafty things...and take perfect pictures...and have children who look at the camera...and dress like a hip and sassy soccer Mom...and have a spotlessly clean house? I want that!!!! Oh...but it's just too much work to get there... I mean c'mon...you can't polish a turd, right? Woe is me...woe is me........

4 comments:

Katie said...

those people probably don't actually exist =P

Jenny and Jon said...

I told you Darby was gonna make you sick, but it's like a train wreck, once you look you cannot pull your eyes away!!! Seriously though, THEY DO NOT WORK OUTSIDE THE HOME...that is at least half of their secret. I'm not dissing on stay at home moms because that has its own challenges, but the balancing act you go through as a mom working out and in the home does NOT leave much time for craftiness and other perfections, don't beat yourself up:)

Erin said...

maybe they don't sleep because they are hopped up on Ritalin?

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Okay...it's Amy from The Idea Room and I have to tell you that I am FAR from perfect. I only show you the good stuff and when I take those pictures there is a reason I ZOOM IN. That way it cuts out the dirty dishes and the messy floor in the background. Did you see this blog post I did about what really happens over here?

http://theidearoom.blogspot.com/2010/01/confessions-of-mommy-blogger.html

Thanks for all the kinds words, but honestly, I am just a regular mom like everyone else.