A week or so ago we attempted to get some family photos...yes, again. And they sucked...again. I'm not sure why I keep trying. I think because I see all of the smiles and cuteness of my kids at home, so it amazes me that they could be SO uncooperative in front of a camera. This time I put a whole lot more thought into what we would all wear...I colored my hair...put on some mascara...got Drew to wear a collared shirt...made him PROMISE me that he wouldn't be an ass and if he felt like being ass, he would put all his effort into faking nicey-nice..........it 'should have' gone swell........but it did not.
The kids were nuts. Will absolutely REFUSED to stand still or be held, which pretty much destroyed any chance we had at getting the awesome family photos I so desperately wanted. Lili decided to turn on her sassiness and was big on the word 'No'. She would accept no bribes and when we actually got her to respond to our requests, she gave the most unnatural smiles, just to get us to shut up. Drew...well, let's just say...he was an ass. I love him, but he was...and he sucks at faking it.
According to PEOPLE magazine, a book just came out called, 'Awkward Family Photos' and my brother seems to think this would be a good candidate. I have to agree. The photographer said this was probably going to be 'as good as it gets'...which I think sums up our photo shoot. See the joy in all of our faces? The kids are devouring M&Ms, just in case you were curious.
This is probably my 'favorite' pic of Lili. Her expression says, 'Take the picture now, because this is the best you're going to get from me.'
I'm in pain.
Mr. WILL.I.AM, on the other hand, did awesome. Sure, he was a real pistol for the group shots, but as long as we let him be FREE, he was a natural. This one is definitely going up on our wall of fame in the living room!






1 comment:
It's http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com you want. And you're going to have to try a lot harder than those shots if you want to be on it!!
Post a Comment