Yep, 'BAGINAS'. That's Will's favorite word at the moment. I don't think he'll be giving it up anytime soon either. It started about a month ago and is often the first word out of the kid's mouth in the morning. He uses it in SO many different contexts...some more accurate than others. Regardless of punishment (timeouts, being sent to his room, removal of favorite toys, etc.) he continues to say it. As I have tried to explain in the past and will try again to explain now...my children prefer being naughty over anything else in the world. If they get attention for their naughtiness, positive or negative, they will continue. Most of the people I have talked to about this said to ignore him. We can do that...and we have...however he still has the attention of the one person he adores...LILI. As long as he can make her giggle, 'BAGINA' will never die in this house.
My biggest issue with this whole mess is the word itself. Why 'BAGINA'? Why not 'dammit'...or 'shit'? Hell, I would even take the f-bomb over 'BAGINA'! 'BAGINA' is so...ummm...like...wrong. It just shouldn't be coming out of a 3 yr old's mouth like that. I wasn't even the one who TAUGHT him that word!! I'm over here cursing like a sailor and he picks up 'BAGINA' from some kid at school. Y'all know I'm telling the truth because I've always told my kids their privates were called 'goodies', remember? Now my kid answers the question 'What should we have for dinner?' with 'Bagina?'.
I've talked to him about being inappropriate...told him how when I was little kids got their mouths washed out with soap when they used too many potty words... None of it phases him. I think shock therapy may be the only way to get through to him.
Yesterday his teacher told me that his use of potty words has really increased this week. Just this week? Wow...they're lucky. I've been battling this issue for over a month now! Apparently his behavior toward his friends has actually been getting BETTER, but his behavior toward his teachers is getting worse. He spits at them now (the raspberry kind of spitting) and calls them 'stupid'. Of course when I talked to him about these incidents last night he INSISTED he didn't call them 'stupid'. I told him that's what they were telling me and he said he DIDN'T call them 'stupid'........he called them 'BAGINA'. Good Buddy...just what I wanted to hear...
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment