Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Thursday, December 23, 2010

End Of Year Thoughts

I stole these from a friend's blog that I read...thought it would be fun to summarize our year...

What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? I played Mommy to 2 ‘toddlers’ and I SURVIVED…
Did you keep your resolutions and will you make more for next year? I did not keep my resolutions. Probably because I had unrealistic expectations last year of completely changing my life. I do plan to make some new resolutions for 2011, though I’m not sure what yet…I need to tame it down this year so I can actually achieve my goals.
Did anyone close to you give birth? Too many people! I don’t want to get specific since I don’t want to forget anyone, but I’m at an age where many of my friends are popping out little bambino(a)s. They are all so cute and squishy!
Did anyone close to you die? Nope…and with 8 days left in the year, I’m hoping it doesn’t happen.
What countries did you visit? The US…the country I visit every year.
What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? Patience. Patience for dealing with little monkeys who don’t know what they want, but want YOU to know what they want, even though you have no freaking idea either!
What dates from 2010 will remain etched in your memory and why? Since I can’t think of any, I suppose there aren’t any that I can say will remain etched in my memory…
What was your biggest achievement of the year? I purged a lot of stuff from our house…stuff we didn’t need or want. I still have a lot to do, but I feel ‘lighter’!
What was your biggest failure? There were several times when I lost my cool with the kids and felt extremely guilty afterwards. Even though all Moms get to that point sometimes, I had always sworn I wouldn’t be one of them…and I was. We expect children to count to 10 and cool off, but Moms and Dads should too. I needed to, but didn’t. Instead, my anger and frustration were evident and my kids cried. It’s o.k. for kids to cry, but I want them to do that knowing I handled the situation the right way…not because their Mommy was an ogre. And no, I didn’t beat my kids…I was just rude and slightly irrational with them.
Did you suffer illness or injury? I was sick A LOT this year. Mainly when the monkeys went back to the daycare center in the fall. It has NOT been a fun few months. Can’t really think of any day since the beginning of September when we haven’t all had at least a cold.
What was the best thing you bought? An iphone. The greatest invention on the planet. I think I would give up TV before giving up my iphone.
Whose behavior merited celebration? Sandra Bullock…for not letting that loser Jesse James think he could just whorebag around and still be her husband.
Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Kanye West…though he’s always been an arse.
Where did most of your money go? Daycare.
What did you get really, really, really excited about? Booking our trip to Jamaica in February 2011!!
What song will always remind you of 2010? ‘Billionaire’ – Bruno Mars
Compared to last year...are you...
1. Happier/Sadder? Probably a little happier. I feel a little more comfortable being a Mommy of two…a little more settled. I get more sleep now too…though it’s not yet perfect.
2. Thinner/Fatter? About the same.
3. Richer/Poorer? About the same.
What do you wish you'd done more of? Exercising…
What do you wish you'd done less of? Eating…
How will you be spending Christmas? Just the 4 of us. With family so far away every year is the same. We just hang out at home and do our own thing. I know some people wish for these opportunities, but I wish for the day when we can be with family. I would love to see the grandparents watch the kids open their presents on Christmas morning!
Did you fall in love in 2010? Nah…we’re old married farts now. I still love him, but it’s not a ‘new’ love.
What was your favorite TV program? Dexter
Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Nah…I’m not a hater…
What was the best book you read? I didn’t read at all this year. I know…horrible.
What did you want and get? A Cricut Expression. For a scrapper…this is like a pot o’ gold!
What did you want and not get? A new laptop. We keep putting it off due to the expense, but it must be done!
What was your favorite film of this year? Twilight: Eclipse
What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? I was 33...or am I 34?...and I did nothing. Birthdays just aren’t that exciting anymore. Getting old stinks!
What one thing would have made your year more measurably satisfying? If the next Twilight movie had been released.
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Trailer Trash Chic
What kept you sane? Coffee
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Eminem.
What political issue stirred you the most?
I don’t do politics.
Who did you miss? I really wanted to make a homemade apple pie, but I didn’t know how. I remembered my Grandma Giles making an awesome pie with a crust from scratch. When I was little, she invited me over one time and we spent the afternoon baking pies. She showed me exactly how to do it. It was so much fun to spend that time with her. I missed her when I wanted to make my pie this year. It would have been cool to spend that time with her again.
Who was the best new person you met? Some of the moms of Lili’s friends at school. I love getting to know other parents with kids the same ages as mine. I hope I can do the same with Will’s friends soon too!
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. I learned that I can’t do it all. I need to ask for help sometimes and I need to give myself a break sometimes too. Even though I know this…I’m still learning how to DO it.
Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I wanna be a billionaire so fricking badbuy all of the things I never haduh, I wanna be on the cover of Forbes magazinesmiling next to Oprah and the Queen

No comments: