I have to say, although stressful...having Will home with me during the day for awhile gave me an opportunity to see him at his best. Yes, it was crazy juggling the insanity at work for the year long project I've been working on AND taking care of Little Man, but all in all, he was really GOOD. He listened pretty well, meltdowns were few and far between and he was happy. And the best part? I got bombarded with hugs and kisses and 'I love you Mommy's all day! Despite some of the good times we had, we eventually hired a nanny, Emily, who I will tell you all about in a future post. This move was made for Will more than anyone or anything else. I could have fought my way through doing both jobs...but in the end, he would be the one getting short changed. He wanted to go outside, take walks, go to the park, play games and have someone to hang out with. I couldn't do ANY of that with him if I was going to be working. So, that is how we came to find Emily! Before we get into that...I have to share some of the fun pics I grabbed of Will during our time together...
This old keyboard was a fun little toy for Will for a couple of weeks. He would drag it behind him like a dog...pulling it by the cord...
We did A LOT of coloring and painting together. I would sit at my computer and he would sit next to me and show me his 'gorgeous' pictures. Yes, he calls them gorgeous... I blame 'Max & Ruby' for that one!We seemed to go through A LOT of our paint stash very quickly too! I wonder why...
Will is definitely a righty, though there are times when he showed off his mad skills and painted with BOTH hands.
Although he likes to mix all of his colors into one big pile of pukish-pink, on occasion he would surprise me and very carefully switch from color to color...
Window clings. $1 bins at Target. BEST.THING.EVER. I would hand him a packet of window clings and he would go to town while I started my next conference call. It was the perfect distraction and luckily, Target replenishes their stock often and with every holiday!
Will's evil look. He seemed to think that I couldn't see him over my computer screen. Even if we made eye contact and I was undoubtedly LOOKING at him, he would still believe that he could get away with whatever mischievous act he was committing.
This is the infamous 'Willasauraus' hat. He made this one morning when he was doing half-days at the center and I picked him up at noon. He loved this hat...
I have NO idea what he was trying to draw here...however he was pretty excited to tell me his random story...which changed every time I asked him what it was.
My awesome boy...showing his awesome personality...and his awesome muscles...
When he got bored with painting/coloring, we would string beads...
...or put string in water in a plastic container and pretend they were fishies named 'Sarena'...
...or take car rides in pink sunglasses when the neighbor helped out...
...or make our own snack buffets while Mommy was on conference calls and not paying attention...
...or head to play therapy in our PJs and owl hats...
...or put window clings over our ears and yell, 'You can't see me!!'......or eat veggie chili together...
...or show off our Scooby-Doo PJs...
...or pout because Mommy said we couldn't play with the outlets...
...or kiss crosses...
...or fish over the railing by the stairs with a rope...
...or tie ourselves up with that same rope and consider ourselves caught...
...or make funny faces with necklaces on our heads like headbands...
...or eat hot dogs in the car...with ketchup..............or pass out on the living room floor after throwing a ginormous fit...
...or just showing how adorable we are in our pirate patches and Spiderman PJs.
Despite everything that happened over the last few months, it was during this time that I was reminder of just how lucky I am to have this special little boy...and just how awesome and he sweet he can be!




















No comments:
Post a Comment